What is the purpose of BAC?
Business advisory councils (BAC) foster cooperation among schools, businesses and the communities they serve. This work ensures that the work of educators aligns with the needs of businesses. This cooperation can make a local education system more aware of the local labor market; promote workbased experiences within businesses; and help students prepare for successful learning and employment opportunities.
Business advisory councils include regional business leaders who are familiar with business and industry needs. Members partner with district leaders to plan and carry out the council’s work.
The East Central Ohio ESC services as the lead for the Business Advisory Council (BAC) for many of our local school districts. Please find below a link to the BAC Joint Statement and information about the BAC.
- Barnesville Exempted Village School District
- Bellaire Local School District
- Bridgeport Exempted Village School District
- Cambridge City Schools
- Claymont City School District
- Conotton Valley Local School District
- Dover City School District
- Garaway Local Schools
- Indian Valley Local School District
- Martins Ferry City School District
- New Philadelphia City Schools
- Quaker Digital Academy
- Quaker Prepatory Academy
- Rolling Hills Local School District
- Shadyside Local School District
- St. Clairsville City School District
- Tuscarawas Valley Local School District
- Union Local School District
Looking for more info?
Check out this link to the Ohio Department of Education for more information.